Doctor What Now?
Doctor Who is a long-running, much-loved sy-fy/fantasy television show produced by the BBC. It centers on the Doctor, a time-traveller, who travels throughout time and space in his TARDIS. He often brings along companions, introducing them to the wonders of the universe.
Yes, it is much better than it sounds, and yes, it has been running for a long time; The 50th anniversary of the show is in 2013!
Fans adore it for several reasons: The range, which allows the Doctor to be stuck in the end of the universe one episode and then to have tea with Winston Churchill in the next. There’s also the fact that the current head writer, Stephen Moffat, is renowned for being the “King of Nightmare Fuel” and other such titles, creating such villains as Weeping Angels (statues), the Vashta Nerada (shadows), and a crack in a wall. No, seriously.
All in all, a new round of horror, laughter, and crazy hijinks are promised to return in season six (or thirty-six) of Doctor Who, Easter 2011.
For more information, the official website is here.
Other stories in Staff Picks
- All Time Low Goes Gold - March 10, 2011
- "Don't be a drag, just be a queen!" - Lady Gaga's new single: "Born This Way" - February 15, 2011
- CAKE playing four nights in San Francisco next week - February 11, 2011
- Staff Pick: Private Series by Kate Brian - February 11, 2011
- The Horse Racing Mysteries of Dick Francis - February 10, 2011