Invisible Children Part II
Another film from Invisible Children has made it’s debut. Though, still not everyone knows about it. You can help by doing a few simple deeds just around your town.
1. Join Woodside’s Invisible Children Club
The meetings are every Monday at lunch. The club discusses ideas on how to raise money and takes part in fundraisers for the cause.
2. Cover The Night
On April 20 a worldwide event will take part in making Kony famous. On Friday night people will plaster Kony’s name across their communities and on Saturday morning the rest of the population won’t be able to avoid the campaign. Posters are available to print out on their website (kony2012.com) as well as stencils and other ideas of how to (legally) cover the city.
3. Watch and share the Kony 2012 videos
Kony 2012 Part II has made it’s April debut. The first 30 minute movie has 104 millions hits and counting. The second has only 1.7 million. Spread the word. Share the movie.
4. Serve your local community
You can help out your town while promoting the cause by wearing Kony 2012 merchandise and hanging posters. Some ideas on how to help are:
- Park Trash Pick-Ups
- Free Car Wash
- Act of Kindess: Give thanks to an unsung hero
For more ideas on how to serve your community visit the website or come up with your own idea!
5. Purchase merchandise/Frontline Fundraising Page
Buy t-shirts, bracelets, and DVD’s from the Invisible Children website. Portions of the proceeds go to ending the war (eg. donations for schools (S4S) and money for US troop stationed in Uganda). You can also set up a fundraising where you can conduct your own personal fundraiser. Prizes are awarded for the most money earned and all proceeds go toward the effort in capturing Kony.
6. Most importantly, understand the issue and spread the word
The whole idea around the campaign is to make Kony famous and to take him down. Share your knowledge with people that don’t know and get the word out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_Ue6REkeTA - Kony 2012 Part II
http://www.kony2012.com/ - Cover the Night details
http://vimeo.com/37119711 - Kony 2012 Part I
Other stories in News
- Goodbye CST - May 21, 2013
- Coming Out as an Undocumented Immigrant - May 9, 2013
- A New Era For Catholics - May 9, 2013
- Koko, the Bridge Between Species - May 9, 2013
- The Great Divide: Homosexuality at Woodside and the Supreme Court - April 25, 2013